Check back soon for more information.
Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network
Your Home is Important
It's where your most precious memories are made. Unfortunately, thousands of Hoosiers are at risk of losing their homes to foreclosure.
Indiana's Hardest Hit Fund Unemployment Bridge Program offers individuals who are unemployed help in paying their mortgage by providing assistance
of up to $30,000. Funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the program also helps formerly unemployed individuals catch up on their payments if they fell behind.
The Hardest Hit Fund will cover the mortgage, including principal, interest, taxes and insurance (PITI), for eligible unemployed homeowners while they are seeking re-employment or cover the past due amount for formerly unemployed individuals who have returned to work.
The applicant must be:
- An Indiana homeowner
- An owner of only one home, and currently reside in that home
- A current unemployment insurance (UI) recipient or a former unemployment recipient (within the past 8 years) who is now re-employed
- Experience employment financial hardship
- Within the income eligibility requirements based on county of residence (requirements can be found online at www.877GetHope.org
Additional eligiblity requirements are available at www.877GetHope.org
How Long Does it Last?
The Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN) will pay eligible participants' mortgages for 24 months, up to $30,000, or for 3 months after re-employment, whichever comes first. All assistance under this program is considered a loan. However, the loan will only have to be repaid if the homeowner sells the property before the forgiveness period expires (10 years) and there are NET proceeds from the sale.
How Do I Apply?
Unemployed homeowners can apply for this assistance online at www.877GetHope.org. By filling out the online application, you will begin working with an Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network specialist. The specialist will be able to determine your eligibility and assist you through the process.
You will need the following items to apply online:
- Any correspondence from your mortgage company or its attorney
- Most recent mortgage statement
- Most recent bills and statements for all expenses
- Copy of unemployment eligibility and explanation of benefit or a print out of UI homepage
- Last 30 days of pay stubs for all employment and income sources
- Last 30 days of all bank statements
- Last two months of all bank statements
- Signed previous year's tax returns and W-2/1099(s)
- Signed recorded mortgage
Apply TodayContact Consumer Credit Counseling at
Indiana Foreclosure Prvention Network
30 S. Meridian Street, Ste. 1000
Indianapolis IN 46204